Did you know that after just 4-6 weeks you can see a difference in your skin after implementing a Vitamin C serum? If you already know the benefits of Vitamin C, then I’ll be recommending some of my favorites that I’ve used before. If you’ve never heard of it, let me be the one to introduce you and let you know why you NEED Vitamin C in your skincare routine.
Although it is super unlikely, I would recommend doing a patch test with Vitamin C serum just to make sure it doesn’t affect you. In case it’s your first time, put it on your forearm for a day and see if you get any results. If you don’t, then go ahead and follow through with incorporating it into your routine.
HOW TO USE VITAMIN C SERUM
The best time to use Vitamin C is in the morning when your skin is fresh and clean. Here’s how I incorporate Vitamin C serum into my skincare routine.
- Wash your face and get rid of all the gunk!
- Time to tone
- Get your Vitamin C serum apply it to your face, if you have leftover it pat it onto your neck.
- Moisturize (moisturizer always comes after your serums!)
- Eye cream! I love apply a light illuminating eye cream for anti-age purposes and I feel like it makes a huge difference with under eye circles.
- Sunscreen! This part is so crucial, you should always have a sunscreen incorporated in your skincare routine. I’ll make another post in case you’re not sure why!
- Makeup, if you’re going to wear any.
Now, that’s a little run-down of what my morning routine looks like. I typically do this to prep my skin before makeup and don’t like putting too much on that just sits on the surface. All of the products I use really sink into your skin and get to work, which is what I love about them. Also, if you like adding more serums into your routine, you can add them after the Vitamin C serum or before!
The general rule of thumb is to always use the ‘thickest to thinnest’ rule. Which means that when applying your skincare products they should be applied from the thickest consistency to the thinnest. This helps everything absorb into your skin properly! Now, I’m going to tell you why you should be using a Vitamin C serum EVERY DAY.
WHY YOU NEED VITAMIN C IN YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE
- First, and foremost, it’s safe for all skin types! This is not a super harsh chemical that has potential to damage your skin, if anything it does the opposite. It can also safely be used with other skincare products that contain retinols, acids, and SPF’s.
- Vitamin C is one the best anti-aging properties that you can use on your skin! Although oral supplements are great for your overall health, it doesn’t do much for your skin.
- Applying a Vitamin C serum to your skin is 20 times more effective than taking it orally.
- It can help fade any hyper pigmentation you might have! It will smooth the skin’s surface and reduce dullness.
- You will notice a difference after using it consistently for just three days. You will see your skin will have a more radiant look and your skin will be glowing.
- Vitamin C is known to treat a variety of inflammatory skin conditions. It has been shown to reduce redness and even out skin tone.
- Helps fade dark spots, sun spots, age spots, and even acne scars over time.
- It has also been known to help with smoothing out fine lines and hydrating skin.
- The collagen production associated with Vitamin C promotes skin elasticity and firmness.
- Protects against sun damage! Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants which protect your skin from harmful rays.
- Vitamin C also helps protect your skin from the effects of pollution.
Here are some of the Vitamin C serums that I have tried out and loved!
TIMELESS 20% VITAMIN C + E FERULIC ACID SERUM 1 OZ
*Click on the image to be redirected to the product page*
I recently tried out this Vitamin C serum and fell in love with it! The ones that I had used in the past were sticky and SUPER orange. Just so you know, Vitamin C serum is NOT supposed to be orange. In it’s natural state it’s a super pale yellow. This Timeless Vitamin C serum is made of pure Vitamin C and is extremely light and natural.
When you apply it to your skin it’s like water. It’s so smooth and really absorbs right into your skin. It doesn’t sit on the surface like other’s I’ve tried out. I would definitely say it is my favorite.
I also think it’s worth noting how reasonably priced it is compared to other serums! You can get this serum for just $25, other Vitamin C serum’s I’ve tried are $80+ so I think that just goes to show that the most expensive product isn’t always the best!
DRUNK ELEPHANT C-FIRMA™ VITAMIN C DAY SERUM
This was one of the first Vitamin C serums I had ever tried! I really did like the way it changed my skin. I definitely noticed my skin’s texture change and the way that it started looking a lot more bright. However, I will say that the only thing I didn’t like about the product was how sticky it was!
I loved the effects it had on my skin, the only downside was the consistency. It did sink into my skin super quickly though so I didn’t have it sitting on my skin for too long. It was a great serum to try out and get to know what I did and didn’t like.
VITAMIN C SERUMS YOU SHOULD TRY
Once I learned about the effects of Vitamin C on your skin, I researched products that had the most reviews and came up with these. I’ve heard great things about them and they are all from reputable brands.
Also, Vitamin C is great for your under-eye’s as well so I decided to link some of my favorite eye creams that have Vitamin C in them. They’re great for dark circles and aging (but you know that after reading this post obviously!).
Let me know if you use any of these or have just started incorporating Vitamin C into your skincare routine!